Please note that any public location where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19. We cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed while you are at Word of Life or TBO.
The most secure way of reducing your exposure would be to watch the Live Stream of the service away from any groups of people. Should you choose to do that, we are in complete agreement with your decision and right to choose. We support that choice. If your choice is to personally attend a service, we also support that choice. However, the level of exposure is increased as you are in a public gathering. The choice and level of exposure you desire to submit yourself is completely your decision. We love and support you in whichever choice you make. Our desire to keep people safe, as well as comfortable. In order to do so, we are laying out a list of precautions that hopefully will help facilitate that.
1) Seating. We will endeavor to have seats available (in the sanctuaries, or in the over-flow rooms) to accommodate social distancing. However, as in any other public setting, it will be difficult to enforce. If you are uncomfortable with the concept that people may get close to you or make contact with you, we strongly encourage that you don’t come to the churches, but rather Live Stream. 2) Wearing masks will not be mandatory. - If you want to wear a mask, we encourage you to do so. Please be sure to bring your own mask, as we won’t be providing them. - If you are uncomfortable being around people who are not wearing masks, again we encourage you to use the Live Stream option. 3) Children’s Ministries: - Until we understand how to coordinate this, and hear the heart of the people who have children, and make a plan: there will not be any Nurseries or Ignite Ministry. - We will keep you posted as to when that changes. 4) Greeting and Social Distancing: - If you are not comfortable with the concept of possibly being touched, or inadvertently having your 6 foot space entered by another person, we strongly recommend that you join us via the Live Stream from home. We have no way of ensuring your safety in those ways. 5) Until further notice, no food will be served at TBO or Word Of Life. 6) If you are feeling sick or are running a fever, please remain home until it passes. 7) We will be having group prayer, individual prayer, laying on hands, and singing during the meetings. 8) We will be doing additional sanitization and disinfection of the premises on an on-going basis. a. The Bathrooms will receive special attention. b. Hand Sanitizer will be available in all areas. c. Door handles, etc. will also be receiving special sanitization.
If you are uncomfortable with our Preparedness Plan, we would again encourage you to please consider not coming to the in-person services, but Live Stream instead.
As we begin, we will likely need to make adjustments on how we do this. Please be advised, that we will try to inform every one of any adjustments we make.
We are SO thankful and happy to be getting back together. Thank God for a President that believes in righteousness and the Constitution.
Looking forward to seeing you again! Pastor Vern and Mary Peltz wordoflifemn.org thebridgeoutreach.org
I have had numerous people request me for this information, so as your pastor, I am making you aware of this option and supplying the forms. I AM NOT RECOMMENDING YOU DO THIS. If you choose this option, you are taking full responsibility for doing so. Also, be aware that there will be some specific steps that will need to be taken in the process of getting and using this money that must be adhered to, or the loan may not be forgiven.
If you do this, I would recommend setting up a separate checking account for these funds. Pay all applicable bills with only that account. One of the requirements is the ability to prove that you paid the right bills with the money, and didn't spend it on other things. If you mix this money with other funds in different accounts, you may have difficulty proving what it was spent on. if you can't prove that - from my understanding, THE LOAN WILL NOT BE FORGIVEN AND YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY IT BACK. I'm not trying to scare you, just giving you a heads up. This can be a very good option for some of us. Be Blessed, Pastor Vern
As a measure of precaution and planning ahead, I am encouraging everyone to reevaluate what they would need if the state of Minnesota would decide to mandate everyone to “shelter in place”. If this would be enacted, what would you need to live, possibly confined to your home for a few days to a few weeks. Do you have it? Are you prepared?
Do not panic or go to fear, as I explain why I am stating this. This is Thursday, March 19. Last night on channel 9 news the governor hinted at the fact we could go to the “shelter in place” scenario. Today I was informed that certain individuals who are higher up in our state government said that the state is seriously considering doing this.
So now that we have the knowledge that this is being contemplated, I believe wisdom (which is planning ahead according to the knowledge we have) would say that we should prepare for this scenario in case it takes place. Not out of being driven by emotional fear, but looking at the facts and what is being said and being ready for this to take place if it happens.
I AM NOT SAYING THIS WILL TAKE PLACE. I am saying that we are being told that it is being seriously contemplated.
So my advice is that we prepare the best we can just in case the “shelter in place” order is given. if it never happens, we have not lost anything. If it happens and we’re not prepared, that could prove more difficult.
“Possess your Souls” (Luke 21:19 - NKJV) and let’s move forward in faith knowing the father knows what we have need of right now. He will take care of us.
We are wanting to stay connected with everyone during this Quarantine time. We will use every possible means to make this happen.
This page has been designed to keep you up-to-date with any new information or announcements you may need as being a part of Word of Life or TBO. We will be updating these announcements as needed. So it may be good to check back periodically to see if anything has changed.
Please be patient with us as we learn how to do this in the most effective and efficient way. We are open to suggestions to better what we are trying to accomplish, so feel free to give your input. This is new territory for everyone, and it will be a work in progress as we learn how to did this the best way. Thanks.
We love you and are endeavoring to do everything possible to be of assistance and encouragement as we go through this very unusual and difficult period in our country.
This is the time to keep ourselves strong spiritually and your keep faith active. It’s very easy to get pulled into the fear and negative atmosphere that surrounds us, as well as the angry, fearful, negative attitudes of the general public.
Remember: We are a Covenant People, in Covenant with Almighty God. We have access to ALL the Covenant Promises. We are Loved by God, and Each Other. We are a Blessed People. No Weapon formed against us will prosper. If God is for us, who can be against us, and because of the Covenant, HE IS FOR US. We are the Light and Salt to this world, they need us to be the Ekklesia Church now more than ever. We are Over-Comers, and we will not only get through this - but we will make a Godly difference in the people and the world around us. We Love and Appreciate every one of you! Be Blessed, Pastors Vern & Mary
RESOURCES: 1) To see what the current Executive Order from the Governor says, please follow the link below. https://www.leg.state.mn.us/archive/execorders/ 20-04.pdf a. In this order, all groups are to stop gathering. Churches come under point #5.
2) In an effort to remain Connected and Available to each other, we are instituting a number of things that will hopefully help us accomplish this.
A. We will be “Live-Streaming” more:
a. Live Stream will begin Sunday's at 9:15 at the start of prayer b. Sunday Service Live Stream will begin at 10 AM. (Not sure what those will look like at this point - We’ll be learning as we go) c. We are considering Live-Streaming every Wednesday at 7pm. - This will include a time of interaction where you can ask questions and interact with service (only LIVE, not recorded messages) d. If anything major comes up in between Wednesdays and Sundays - we will be in contact about updates and additional information.
3) Contacting each other: a. Website- wordoflifemn.org b. COVID-19 Page- wordoflifemn.org/covid-19 Please check this page periodically. It will be the primary announcement page during this time of quarantine. c. Texting: Pastor is endeavoring to set up his phone so he can mass text everyone.
d. Emailing: Please email email@example.com or text Lindsay @ 763-218-7347 to be added to the church newsletter, if you currently do not receive it.
e. Word of Life Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WordofLifeMN.org/
f. Phone calls. (The old-fashioned way- LOL) Pastor Vern’s Cell: 763-742-5474 Pastor Mary’s Cell: 763-439-8261 Pastor Dave’s Cell: 763-439-6136 You can call or text, please leave a message if you are calling and we will return your call/text as we are able.
g. Connect Department: Vicky’s Cell: 763-227-7338. You can call or text, please leave a message if you are calling and Vicky or her team will return your call/text as they are able. Vicky’s team be contacting everyone, and trying to remain in contact with everyone, please provide cell phone numbers if you haven't already. Please feel free to contact anyone on her team if you need anything.
4) Group gatherings are an option: We are researching this, but appears that any recovery type groups are exempt from this Executive Order. If this is the case, we will be running the ‘Conquerors Group’, and the ‘Betrayal and Beyond Group’ at TBO.
Check back. When we know, we will post it.
5) This is the time for you to minister to each other: To our knowledge you can go to each other’s homes, as long as you are not compromised. Group size is the stay 10 people or less, if possible.
Please check with the person to know if they want visitors before you showing up.
So whether it’s for a ministry purpose, or just to spend some time together, feel free to stay connected with each other.
Now is the time for you to get involved and help meet people’s needs.
(Helping each other with ?????? - whatever is needed) (Buying / bringing food to those who are not wanting to leave their house) (Praying with them) (Fixing something that breaks in their house) (Spending time with the ones who feel they need to stay in their homes)
6) This is a good time to grow your relationship with God. All the messages are available online. Feel free to catch-up or just listen to new things.
7) Stay POSITIVE and FAITH FILLED! Turn on some praise and worship, speak life, faith and the Word over yourself, your family and communities, unplug and remember Who is in control. We will get through this together and with God. In peace and in health!
Pastor Vern will be holding a LIVE STREAM via YouTube Wednesday, March 18 at 7 PM CST. He will be doing a short teaching on "Dealing with Fear" and then answering questions. Please click here to be directed to the YouTube stream 7 PM! Or go to YouTube and search "Word of Life Stream" If you are unable to make it and have a question or concern, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and the secretary will compile questions to present to Pastor during the Live Stream. Stay tuned for updates on this page and in your email! In Faith and in Health! Word of Life Ministries